Saturday, December 14, 2013

Nail Care Routine and Maintenance

For my very first post, I thought it was only right to start off with my nail care routine.  I quickly learned that having great looking nails and cuticles requires daily nail maintenance.  Moisture is key when it comes to your cuticles.  So lets get started:

Before applying my base coat, I always push my cuticles back with a cuticle pusher. I use Avoplex Nail & Cuticle Replenishing Oil by O.P.I.  Over time, this oil has really improved the overall look of my cuticles.



For my base coat I use Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener by O.P.I.  On days when I do not wear polish I still wear Nail Envy.  I've found my nails to be much stronger with it on.  It has also helped my nails grow!


For my top coat I use Duri Rejuvacote.  It is not a fast drying top coat so if your in a hurry I do not suggest using it as a top coat.  Sometimes I use this as a base coat along with Nail Envy.  Between the two products, my nails have never been so strong.


Every night before bed, I apply Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream to my cuticles.  This stuff is a miracle worker for me.  It leaves my cuticles moisturized and smooth. This is a must have for any nail lover.



On top of that, I also use Healthy Hand and Nail Lotion from Vaseline for added moisture. I also keep this lotion in my purse so throughout the day and after hand washing, I can use it to moisturize my hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment