Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Autism Awareness - One Mani At a Time!

A few weeks ago I started a very important mission.  The mission to help raise awareness for Autism.  If you did not know, April is Autism Awareness Month.  There are plenty of ways to show support for Autism but in the nail community, painting your nails blue is one of the ways we show support.

As a teacher, Autism touches me very deeply.  Children are being diagnosed with Autism everyday.  I do not work with Autistic children but all children are equal.  Some children just do things a little differently.  It is important as individuals to educate yourself about Autism because it can affect anyone.

So with that being said, I asked my fellow nail lovers on Instagram to join me in a Nail Collaboration.  I did not do this to gain fame and followers.  I did this in hopes that maybe one person will take the time out to read about Autism.  The turnout I received from nail supporters was more than what I expected.


So many ladies took a stand and stood with me to help raise awareness.  I am completely thankful to each and every one of them.

Here is my solo shot from the collage.  For the gradient, I used two different shades of blue acrylic paint.  I also used acrylic paint for the zebra stripes.  I topped it off with Salon Perfect's Cosmic Dust.


There is just one week left if you would like to get on board and paint your nails blue.  Together we can stand up and #roarforautismawareness!!
 photo newfinal_zps22c0cc8b.png

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed taking part in such a worthwhile cause that is close to my heart. Thank you so much for hosting this xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcomed Lisa! Thank you for joining me:)

      Delete